Coconut ladoo or nariyal laddoo is easy and quick laddoo recipe which can easily be made at home. These laddoos are often made at home for any festive or auspicious occasion. These laddoo can be made easily with desiccated coconut as well as with a fresh coconut, and will taste heaven in both the ways. Also, you can serve this white laddoo as a candy treat to your kids and impress guest with the nutty taste of cashew in them. Below is an easy coconut laddoo recipe through which you can prepare coconut laddoo easily at home.
|Prep Time: 15 Mins||Cooking Time: 20 Mins||Servings:10 to 15 Ladoo|
Ingredients for Coconut Ladoo
1. Ghee 1 tsp.
2. Broken cashews 2 tbsp.
3. Grated coconut (fresh or dry) 2 cup
4. Milk 1 cup
5. Sugar 3/4 cup
6. Cardamom powder 1/7 tsp.
Process of making Coconut Ladoo
Place a pan on a medium flame, add 1 tsp. ghee and heat it.
Add 2 tbsp. broken cashews or as needed and roast till it turns golden. Keep them aside to cool.
In a same pan, take 2 cups grated coconut, 1 cup milk, and 3/4 cup sugar.
Cook it on a low flame. After a certain time, mixture will start thickening and the moisture will evaporate completely.
Now, add 1/7 tsp. cardamom powder and roasted cashew and mix them well with mixture.
Keep the mixture aside to let it cool on a room temperature.
When the mixture comes to warm temperature, take a small portion of the mixture and roll it to balls. To properly bind the laddoos, mixture should be hot or warm.
Coconut laddoo are ready. Either eats them fresh or after a day, they will taste delicious anyway. To store them for three to four days, store the laddoo in airtight jar and keep it in refrigerator.
Tips and Variations
1. If the mixture becomes cool, the laddoo will not bind properly. To bind them, re-heat the mixture to warm or hot.
2. If using dry coconut then in step 3, keep it for 10 to 15 minutes to soak coconut well before cooking it on a low flame.
3. If using fresh coconut then use half cup of milk. Or you can boil one cup milk till it thickens and comes to half.
4. You can increase or lessen the quantity of sugar as per you taste.
Replacing a heavy laddoo with light coconut laddoo is a healthier option. Coconut is much easier to digest than any other laddoo ingredient and isn’t stored in fat. The coconut laddoo is lighter than any laddoo.
5. These flavorful white laddoos have the flawlessly nutty smell of broiled coconut. While you’ll agree that the feature of this dish is the way delicious and moist they are in each nibble, we propose that you can make the experience significantly more fun by getting your children in the kitchen to help move laddoos of every kind imaginable with the cooled blend.