Aloo Tikka Recipe
India is known for its spicy and mouth-watering cuisines and there is no other way round. Especially the street food! Aloo tikki is one of the food items that delights everyone and suits most taste buds. To make Aloo tikki is one such recipe that can be served in different ways- in the form of chaat or starters. So below we have a quick recipe to make aloo tikki.
|Prep Time: 30 Mins||Cooking Time: 10 Mins||Tikki’s: 7 to 8|
Ingredients Aloo Tikka Recipe
- Boiled Potatoes– 8-9
- Oil 4 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves- 2 to 3 finely chopped
- Green Chilies- 2 to 3 finely chopped
- Corn Flour- 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Whisked Curd- 250gms
- Tamarind Chutney- 100gms
- Red Chili powder- According to taste
- Chat masala- To Taste
- Roasted Cumin seeds- 1 tea spoon
Process of cooking aloo tikki
Boil 8-9 potatoes in the cooker.Peal the potatoes and grate them in a big mixing bowl, to prepare dough in order to make tikkis.
Now the grinding is done, you need to mix spices in grated potatoes.
Add- 2 finely chopped green chilies, 2 finely chopped green coriander, 3 tablespoon corn flour and 1-tablespoon salt.
Mix everything well and make dough. You can grease your hand with oil to make smooth dough.
Again grease your hand and take a small amount of the mixture, to make a ball of tikki, After you make the ball, with both the palms press the ball to give it the shape of round and flat tikki.
Similarly make tikkis with the left over mixture and keep them aside on a plate.
Next Heat the pan by adding 2-3 tablespoon of oil. When the oil is heated spread the oil in the pan.Place the tikki on the pan and on a medium flame make them roast.
When the tikkis have turned light brown in color, turn the other side so that the tikki is roasted from both the sides.
Add some oil from above to the tikki so that they are roasted nicely and roast them until they turn golden brown.After you are done with the aloo tikki place them on the absorbent paper to absorb the excess oil.
Serve Aloo Tikka
- Place the tikkis on the plate.
- In order to make aloo tikki add dahi, tamarind chutney.
- Sprinkle the roated cumin seeds, and chat masala to give them a chattpatta taste.
Tips and Variations
- Instead of the corn flour you can also add arrowroot or crumbs of bread ices.Also instead of the roasting, you can deep-fry the tikkis.
- Also instead of the roasting, you can deep-fry the tikkis.
- It totally depends on you whether you want to have as a chaat or serve it solo without the curd and chutney. Adding the spices and masalas on the top.
- Also you can use it while you make burger!!
There you are ready with a tasty and mouth relishing Aloo tikki.You Can Serve with Pudina Chutney.
Aloo Tikki is a great option to give you taste buds a yummy change of taste.The street food in India is known for its taste, crisp and chapatti delight. Delicacies like- Pani Puri, Tikki, chaat, kachori chaat, bhelpuris and what not are the most popular street foods of India.